Tasdeeq is a Safe Pakistan Welfare Trust driven initiative for the Poverty Alleviation of Domestic Workers & Blue Collar laborers.
Present Challenges: Hiring a Domestic Servant
- Blind Hiring: Hiring a domestic servant or a worker these days is akin to walking blindly into a dark alley.
- Background check: None. Neither Citizenship nor Criminal
- No Registration with Law Enforcement Agencies: with Police or Housing Societies (eg. DHA)
- References: Very Weak or No References. No verification of Work History. No independent way of verifying their previous work history.
- Record Keeping: Households have bad record keeping. Six months old? A year? Two years old record?
- Weakest Link: Part-time help is the weakest link in the Security Paradigm
- No Record of Part-time help (Electricians, Plumbers, Technicians, Painters, etc). Maybe just a phone number which could be on anyone’s name.
- No record of labor who came to manage a social event, such as dinner or birthday party.
The Domestic servants/workers & Blue Collar Laborers come from among the poorest and marginalized sections of the society. This class is characterized by the following:
- Unskilled to semi-skilled
- No Formal education
- No Assets or Savings
- Large families and large number of kids
- An accident or a missed salary can push these people into abject poverty or the criminal world.
- Labor Mobility within the country. No legal bar to work anywhere in the country.
Tasdeeq Pakistan: Key Aspects
- No Fee - Electronic Registration of Workers (part-time & full-time)
- Criminal background check with Police.
- Build History of Workers – Tracking the workers through different jobs.
How Would Tasdeeq help Households?
- Easy & Seamless Recording/Registration: 2-minute registration.
- Verification & Criminal Background check from all over the country.
- Ability to give comments/feedback on the performance of Domestic Servants.
- Participate in the building of a verifiable work history of Domestic Servants/Workers.
- Sharing of Information with Police & Housing Societies/Residential Assoc.
- Digitalization of servants records.
- Ability to keep track of all workers that may come to your premises for social events in coordination with Event Managers.
- Ability to participate in the Poverty Alleviation of the Domestic Servants & lower level blue collar labor.
Tasdeeq: Poverty Alleviation of Workers
- Filtration of Criminal Element
- Building of Work History
- Provision of social services
- Blogging Skills
- Ability to make videos + edit them
- Making social media posts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- This will be an eight week volunteer position.
- Weekly Social Media submissions: Blog+Video+Social Media Posts.
- Volunteers will promote this initiative through their social media channels.
- This will be a work from home job, and monitoring will be conducted through Google Classroom.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- On successful completion of the task, volunteers will receive a certification from Safe Pakistan Welfare Trust, and personalized Letters of Recommendation.
- Volunteers will also receive feedback on their performance to build their profiles.
*Please note that this event is virtual due to the current COVID-19 pandemic outbreak.