The unprecedented rains and floods in Pakistan have caused large scale devastation in various parts of the country.... read more
The unprecedented rains and floods in Pakistan have caused large scale devastation in various parts of the country. The Government of Pakistan has declared a state of emergency in view of huge losses of life, property, infrastructure, livestock and livelihoods. 33 million people have been affected and 1000 lives have been lost. The entire Pakistani nation, civil society and humanitarian organizations have stepped forward to assist in the rescue and relief efforts.
The Government of Pakistan has established the Prime Minister’s Flood Relief Fund 2022 to accept donations/contributions, both from home and abroad. The State Bank of Pakistan has devised the following guidelines for the Pakistani commercial and micro-finance banks for the collection of donations/contributions by Overseas Pakistanis:
1. Wire Transfer: Overseas donors can donate through wire transfer to the Fund account maintained with their respective banks.
2. Transfer through Money Service Bureaus, Money Transfer Operators and Exchange House: Overseas donors can donate through Money Service Bureaus (MSBs), Money Transfer Operators (MTOs) (e.g. MoneyGram, Western Union) and Exchange Houses (EHs).
3. The commercial banks offering Roshan Digital Account (RDA) have created “PM Flood Relief Fund” (Account No. G-12164) available on their Roshan Samaji Khidmat page/portal enabling RDA holders to contribute to the Fund.
4. Six Pakistani banks, namely National Bank of Pakistan, Allied Bank Limited, Askari Bank Limited, Silk Bank Limited, United Bank Limited & Bank of Punjab, have opened dedicated accounts to receive flood donations/contributions. More information is available on their websites.
5. Donations can also be routed through the Pakistan Red Crescent Society.
29 Aug. 22